Thursday, March 3, 2011

Celebrate more shakers

So I told you I'm on the shaker kick. LOL Here is a birthday card I made and turned the circles into little shakers. OMG what was I thinking??? To keep each of those circles as seperate circle what a PITA but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.



I wasn't happy with the plain "celebrate" letters but I didn't want to shadow them so why not heat emboss them?



I have a zebra stamp from the $1.00 bin at Michaels and stamped that on the letters and sprinkled with clear embossing powder and then heated the powders. I'm really pleased with the way that they turned out.

Thanks for stopping by. :o)

Supplies:
Recollections Cardstock (card base)
DCWV Spring Stack (hat)
Star confetti
$1.00 Stamp
Clear embossing powder
Tinsel pom pom

10 comments:

  1. LOL, isn't that the way most projects go. I always start with a great idea then half way through I realize it is going to be WAY more work than I thought :)

    Love the finished product! Worth all the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't see the zebra stripes until I blew up the picture. Great idea! I sympathize with you on having a great idea and then trying to create it. I did that with my Valentines for my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose! I still need to try one of these cards. I've got a little something for you on my blog.

    Kate (froglegs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done a shaker card- I would like to try it sometime! This is such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun shakers!! What Great projects you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So FUN & Cute!!!! Love your projects. Please come by my blog and pick up an award I have for you.

    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to make shaker cards and there are some great ideas here. Thanks for your honesty, too. You will save some work for some of us! Love your great card ideas and photos, too. Nice blog all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card...love the colors and the fact that it is a shaker card makes it that much more fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A zebra stamp?!?!? From the $1 bin!?!!? I've never seen that there. This is a great great card. I would have never thought to use this cut, but it's PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete